Best Leadership Quotes for National Bosses Day
With National Bosses Day right around the corner, I began searching for some inspirational quotes. It was apparent that there has been a shift away from the term ‘boss’ as it seems to have a negative connotation with it. As Simon Sinek stated, “A boss has a title. A leader has the people.” So, I focused instead on the best leadership quotes. Here are some of my favorite leadership quotes, in no particular order:
1. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
2. “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” – Ralph Nader
3. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren G. Bennis
4. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who DOES the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Regan
5. “Leadership is not wielding authority – it is empowering people.” – Becky Brodin
6. “Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
7. “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” – George S. Patton
8. “Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work.” – Seth Godin
9. “Life is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John C. Maxwell
10. “Leaders who don’t listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.” – Andy Stanley
From my search, the overwhelming leadership theme was empowerment and doing the right thing. What wise words or advice would you add to our “best leadership quotes” list?
Author: Lindsey Newcomb
Lindsey comes from a background of marketing and technology. Outside of work, Lindsey enjoys kickboxing, attending outdoor musical festivals, and playing with her 185lb English Mastiff, Rufus.